About that name

I’m a women’s health nurse practitioner, or WHNP. What I do has lots of names: GYN, gyno, gynie… okay, so maybe by “lots of names” I just mean various abbreviations of the word “gynecology”. And the names I’ve heard women use for my, ahem, area of expertise are even more varied. Vagina, vulva, pelvis, “down there”, hoohoo, hooha, groin, lady parts.

I personally like ladybits. I can’t say why. I know it’s a little diminutive and seemingly non-feminist, and I should be using the almighty V for everything. But I like it. And it’s my blog.

For the record, future teenage daughter, you can call your almighty V anything you want. It’s yours. You’re the boss.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s